- MAY 10 Private Wedding - Chicago
- MAY 22 Private Hospital Reception
- MAY 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- MAY 31 w/Los Alquimistas @ Colibri Gallery
- JUN 1 Old Town Triangle Artist Reception
- JUN 5 Lunch Plaza @440 S. LaSalle
- JUN 6 Private Wedding - Palos Heights, IL
- JUN 7 Private Wedding - Naperville
- JUN 10 Cafe Brauer/Lincoln Park Zoo
- JUN 11 Private Corporate Event - Chicago
- JUN 14 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 19 Lunch Plaza @440 S. LaSalle
- JUN 21 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 26 Private Gallery Reception - Chicago
- JUN 27 Private Wedding - Hobart, IN
- JUL 5 Private Wedding - Long Grove, IL
- JUL 11 Chicago Yacht Club
- JUL 12 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUL 12 Full Mood Yoga @ East Bank Club
- JUL 16 Private Corporate Event
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Wheaton
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Joliet, IL
- JUL 22 Cafe Brauer/Lincoln Park Zoo
- JUL 24 Private Corporate Reception
- JUL 25 Private Wedding - Hinsdale, IL
- JUL 27 Chicago Yacht Club
- JUL 30 w/Los Alquimistas @Uncommon Ground
- AUG 3 Private Awards Tea - Winfield, IL
- AUG 5 Block 37 Rush Hour Pedway
- AUG 9 Private Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
- AUG 13 The Not Wedding Rehearsal
- AUG 14 The Not Wedding @City View Loft
- AUG 15 Private Corporate Event
- AUG 16 Private Wedding - Chicago
- AUG 21 Private Corporate Event
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 26 Chicago Botanic Gardens
- AUG 28 Private Corporate Reception
- AUG 30 Private Wedding - Bensenville, IL
- AUG 31 Private Wedding - Long Grove, IL
- SEP 14 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 19 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 20 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 21 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 22 Corporate Reception
- SEP 27 Private Wedding - Nashotah, WI
- OCT 3 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 4 Private Wedding - Waukesha, WI
- OCT 5 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 11 Private Wedding - ON HOLD
- OCT 17 James Beard Foundation Taste America
- OCT 18 Private Museum Reception
- OCT 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 26 Private Wedding - Chicago, IL
- NOV 1 Private Wedding - Chicago
- APR 18 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 6 Private Wedding - Milwaukee, WI
Labor Day Weekend 2014: As I await to bring you news of the official existence of The Panamericanist, I have some excellent news to share: I’ve been tapped to the be the reception/dinner entertainment/ambience for the James Beard Foundation Taste America event in the Grand Ballroom of Trump Tower in Chicago on October 17.
Yes, THAT James Beard Foundation, the one that gives out top honors in the culinary world each year. The Taste America Chicago event is one of 10 such events across the country, raising money for their culinary education programs and other charitable works. The chefs that will be preparing the appetizers and main courses are a veritable Who’s Who of top shelf Chicago/World chefs. It does not get any more awesome than this. I understand a few tickets remain:
Mid-August 2014: It’s been quite a Summer! As of this writing my album is off to the printer, I should have actual copies to distribute by mid-September.
It’s been an incredibly long process, making the album itself and then the fundraising efforts. Between my own initial effort at the end of April, and then the successful Kickstarter campaign in July, 97 folks have pre-ordered the album or otherwise supported the project. I am so grateful! I can only hope everyone enjoys it!
If you would like to order your copy, a new Store has been created on albums home site, ThePanamericanist.com:
Beyond readying for the CD release, I’ve been super busy with weddings, outdoor parties and all sorts of Summer goodness. I hope you’ve been enjoying yours!
JULY 2014 UPDATE! The pre-order/support campaign for my album has transitioned to Kickstarter!
Please go here:
July 2014: The album is done! I’ve just posted the first two tracks out of the oven as a preview, and I’ll be adding more soon:
I hope you may consider pre-ordering, or even sponsoring the album - the deadline for sponsorship is July 18. All the information is here:
The album should be in hand in early August! THANK YOU!!!
June 2014: Happy Summer! It’s been two months since my last post, and I swore I was not going to update again until I had my record done…but…oh…so…close…I couldn’t leaving you hanging for another day.
It’s been an incredible process. I thought I had it done in late April, but as I got feedback from my engineer, I learned I had been an employing a less than ideal microphone technique. Not being able to live with the idea that it could sound a whole lot better with a slight adjustment, I re-started the whole thing.
As I write today in early June, I have just one tune to go (11 of 12 in the can). Part of what makes the process difficult is the lifespan of my strings - I’m using a special brand made for recording, that coupled with my performance schedule means I get about a 7-10 day window of perfect guitar sound before they get a little too dead, followed by 3-4 days of breaking in a new set.
I should have tracks to share by the middle of the month, and as soon as I do I’ll be re-starting the pre-order campaign, so look out for that!
In the meantime, it’s the return of nice weather! If you get the chance, plan on coming out to see me at Cafe Brauer in Lincoln Park at the Zoo on June 10.
I’ll be back soon…